Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Me, Myself And I

I hate when people misunderstand me...especially those who have known me for soo many years......i wonder what they have learnt about me after being with me for so long...

Ganesha thinks I'm on a self-destruction mode after Kumar left me just because I had a tattoo done and went clubbing last Saturday. He thinks I'm like those girls who start to drink, smoke, club frequently and sleep around once their boyfriend has cheated on them!! Wah lau, I almost wanted to slap him when I saw his email!

I'm kinda disappointed at him also. He has been my very good guy friend who I've been able to trust and talk to, for the past 4 years. And to think that he misunderstood me, really hurts. Argh! I'm impressed on how his attitude has changed after I told me I got a tattoo.

He was like, "make sure what you are doing now doesn't work against you or haunts you in the future." I got pissed and I sent him a super long email. I know I sounded a bit harsh in that email but I'm happy that I gave him a piece of my mind. I guess that I forgot that he's an Indian man after all and I can't accept him to be any different.

I'm clear about one thing. This is who I am and what I am. I've always been like that and I'll do what I like coz I know I'm doing the right thing.

After Kumar ditched me, I realised that I've been too nice and naive, trusting people and believing in the good of them. Now I know how the world is and I've told myself not to be a fool anymore.

I know that Indian men can never digest the fact of an Indian girl having a tattoo. To them-you have a tattoo, you're a tramp, slut or anything except wife material. Whatever la. If nobody wants to marry me because of my tattoo, its ok. I'm happy alone. :)

I'm still the same person with those traditional and conservative values I've always had. I've just changed my attitude a bit.

"Man-I don't have to change anything in myself for you. I know how to behave and I tell u, I behave much better than many girls out there. I don't have to give in to you unless I think there's a need to. I don't have to apologise unless i'm at fault. I am who I am and if you can't accept me the way I am, then too bad. Your loss, not mine."

I like myself better now! :)

No comments: