Friday, June 02, 2006

Baldy's leaving...

I've slightly recovered from my flu but I still sound bad. My colleagues still can't understand what i'm saying and I gotto repeat my sentences again for them...sigh...

Dr Mak told me yesterday that he's leaving.....he's going back to teaching again....damn...I feel so sad. He is really a very nice AD.....working for him as his PA was such a pleasure....I'm really gonna miss him a lot.

Even though its annoying that he always looks for me for everything, he was still a wonderful boss. He takes a stool and sits beside me and tells me clearly what he wants and how he wants it...No other higher management does that, not even Kok Kwang, my unit head. They just briefly say what they want and I'm supposed to produce what they want to them. He was soooo friendly, sooo patient and sooo understanding.

And he was always bringing me out for lunch....yes, i'm gonna miss those free lunches and the rides in his BMW. Seriously, I'm gonna miss a lot lot...I wonder if the new AD might be as nice as him or the exact opposite of him like my DD...sigh....Serene told me that he was the one who fought for my promotion....sigh...

He told us that he's gonna go back to NTU. I told him that if he ever needs to recruit a PA, i'm there for him and if there was any vacancies over at his side, i told him to keep me informed. I would love to work under him again.

I wanna get a personal farewell gift. But what can I get for a guy whose has a Phd, is single and drives a BMW? I'm cracking my head over it and I hopefully wanna get something that he would remember that its from me. I thought of getting him a tie...but....any suggestions from anyone?

No comments: