Monday, November 12, 2007

Little Miss Piglet!

Deepavali came and went....just like tat.....fast rite......But this year was good n different. Went visiting full swing, visited more houses than normal and this year, I wasnt alone..... :) The feeling's good....

Before I go further on the Deepavali happenings...

.....I'm officially attached and I'm happy after a loooooong time. Finally found someone who sees me as who I am. I was skeptical in the beginning (as always) but Victor proofed himself at the right time and I guess I decided to take the plunge. I really hope things work out well and everything ends well also.

This is Victor and me! This pic was taken a month back and I looked small then, compared to how i look now....like a pig!!! Alrite, this year's Deepavali was good. Victor and I decided to take up the challenge of braving the last-minute crowd at the Deepavali expo on the eve and I was terrified at the crowd. But it was a nice new experience since I'm always home on Deepavali eve.

I wanted to take more shots but I gave up, looking at the crowd. So I only managed one shot of the Deepavali decorations. The deco isnt really very fantastic this year but I did like the purple theme and the spinning lights.
After all that walking and banging and pushing, we both managed to get a seat and I ordered my favourite drink-Milo Dinosaur and guess what-Its Milo Dinosaur Deepavali Special!! Hahahaha!!! I couldn't resist taking a pic!!!! But i didn't really like have coloured chocolate rice on my drink....kinda spoiled the taste....
Deepavali was nice. Started off as usual with Indra Auntie's house being the first. Had a first ever visit to temple on Deepavali on Victor's request. Then we headed to my friend, Jarry's place and then I went to my aunt's place. Met Victor again in the evening and our last stop was his friend, Mark's place. A total of 5 houses in one day! Shaggadelic!!! Thank god I was on leave the next day!
Deepavali 2007 (1)Deepavali 2007 (2)Deepavali 2007 (3)
Deepavali 2007 (5)Deepavali 2007 (6)Deepavali 2007 (8)

And u know what! My punjabi suit that I had stitched for Deepavali, 2 months back, was freaking tight!!! I was practically suffocating in it!!!! Damn! This shows that I had put on alot of weight like nobody's business!!! Argh!!! Time for some weight management now!!!! Argh!!!!

Sigh......Put that aside, I had a pretty good rest over the weekend and I feel much better now. Back to work on Monday....sigh......I'm so not in the mood to wake up early.....Haiz..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you!! Congratulations sweetheart! I am sooo happy for you! Definitely glad that things are working out for you. Weeeeee!!
Loves you!! ;-*

Psycho Bride To Be said...

Hey Ket. Long overdue greeting. T'was indeed a surprise to bump into u @ Tekka. I musta looked bad :P, after work n all. U looked happy :D. Happy Diwali to u n ur new found love! Have fun! And babe, u can afford to put on weight!!!