Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Year End is a Bad n Sad time to be broke!

I’m finally done with all my Christmas shopping. I was on super tight budget this year but I managed to reasonable gifts for everyone. Finally, I’m done with it.

Its been more than a week since I started. I’m still learning on the job. I get lost so many times!! But I guess that’s how I have to learn the job properly. The DD seems to be pretty patient with me. This position is a good change, totally different from Primary One. But I’m still trying to get used to waking up an hr earlier….sigh…..I get so tired by 9.00 pm….sigh….

I’ve learnt something very important in the last 2 months.

You cannot be nice to everyone. There are some people who would take advantage of your niceness. You have to learn to behave appropriately to some people. Don’t everyone deserves niceness. Even your family can turn against you at times. Be nice to those who deserve it. Be true to those who are true to you.

I’ve also learnt that life is fair to some and unfair to others. But every time God shuts a door, he opens a window. And many times, things happen for a reason, good or bad. No one can help you better than yourself and its better to be dependant on yourself than on anyone else, coz you never know whose gonna break your heart, when.

Valuable lesson learnt. I’m gonna make sure that this sticks in my head. Niceness doesn’t beget niceness.

I’m going broke, it’s a torture getting your pay 1 and half month later. Why can’t Jan 12 come faster!!! Argh!!!! Its sad to be broke during year end. But I did manage to squeeze in buying 3 pairs or shoes at a good bargain…..hehehe….I keep telling myself that I don’t need shoes for another 6 months. Let’s see how long I can prevent myself from buying shoes.

I’ve been good u know. I managed to prevent myself from buying clothes for the past 2 months. But I can’t say the same thing for punjabi suits though. I’ve got like 7 suits in JB for me to pick up…hehehehe….and I have another 3 more, at home, to be stitched….hehehe….I’ll soon learn to be disciplined on that area too….hehehe…..

No comments: